Thursday, August 28, 2014


NATURAL BELLE: ADETUKE

Can we meet you?
Hello Everyone, my name is Adetuke Morgan. I'm a 22 year old Nigerian Lady who is currently serving her country as an Asssistant Class Teacher in a Primary School. I'm an Economist, Corper, Blogger, Writer, Saxophonist, Teacher, Foodie, Smiler, Afro Bearer, World Explorer and Theater Lover.

 How long have you been natural?
Well, I first went natural in August 2011, however I got heat damage in December of that year. Thus, I big chopped again in August 2012. So I have officially been natural for 2 years.


Describe your texture?
I'll say 4B/4C
What is your regimen?
So, I don’t follow it strictly but if I was good all the time I would do the following:
* Co-wash once a week with my Simple/Giovanni Smooth as silk/Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner
* Deep condition once a month with some African Naturalistas Deep Conditioning Mayonnaise
* Protein treatment once a month with the product at the Natural Hair Salon in my estate (2 week interval between this and the DC)
* Shampoo twice a month with my Simple/Giovanni Smooth as silk/Herbal Essences Hello Hydration/Clarifying shampoo
* LOC method before I cornrow at night and massage castor oil into my edges in the morning
* My spray bottle has a mixture of water, glycerine, leave in conditioner, extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil. My frequency of spraying it depends on how my hair feels
* There are some tweaks being made to my routine though, I’ve never tried an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse or used Rhassoul clay or done a protein treatment with food stuff like avocado and eggs, will do so soon to see if they make a difference.


What is the craziest thing you have done to your hair?

I haven't really done anything super crazy but my 2nd big chop was pretty unexpected/unplanned. I went to get my clothes from the tailor, saw a salon nearby and went in and asked them to cut off all the relaxed ends.


what is your take on natural hair discrimination?
Hair is really not that deep to cause arguments so I don't like to get involved. 


Where can we find you ie blog, twitter. instagram and facebook
Blog: http://tukesquest.blogspot.co.uk
Twitter and Instagram: @tukemorgan
Facebook: Adetuke Morgan




thanks
xoxo
Faith

3 comments: